Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Monday 7 January 2013

Chain love @cyclelogicMCR


I had a feeling of smug satisfaction this morning on my ride in.  For once this was not due to me rattling past queuing traffic or getting a hat full of PBs on Strava.

No, the warm glow was due to the overwhelming success of replacing my chain at the weekend. I know it’s a relatively straightforward process but I’m genuinely surprised as to how much of a difference it has made.

The previous chain had gone beyond the .75 mark on the chain stretcher thingamabob so it was time for a new one.  It’s now working like an absolute dream and I’m intrigued to find out how much wear I’ll get out of it.



I've gone for the ‘extreme durability’ option which gives the impression that it’ll last about the same amount of time as a track on a Sherman tank – we’ll see.

Thanks to the lovely folk at Ken Fosters for the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment