Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Monday 11 March 2013

Northeast 4 or 5, occasionally 6, snow, poor

I love the Shipping Forecast. I love its brevity,The codes which you need to decipher in order to understand what the devil is being spoken about. It’s a real window into another world. A world of blokes who stink of fish, live in places like Grimsby and who hoover up anything that’s living out of the sea.
But this is not a rant about marine conservation, there are other places to find that. Without wanting to sound too Daily Express, its about the bloody weather. 
I wonder if anyone has developed a mathematical model for the additional effort required to ride into a headwind of, say, 10 mph? How does heat effect the average cyclist?
Maybe it doesn't work like that and I'm just talking sh*te but it could be used to develop a cycling equivalent of the Shipping Forecast: the Cycling Forecast in all likelihood.
It could be broadcast at around 7.30am on Sunday mornings on Radio 4. Only the dedicated few would hear it and understand its content.
Rock all sunshine
I bet there are more people out on bikes than are out in British territorial waters looking for the final few dozen cod in Cromarty.
I can but dream. I'll have to make do with steeling myself before gingerly pulling the corner of the curtain back.

No comments:

Post a Comment