Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Thursday 21 March 2013

Staplegate day 2

The source of the staple (see yesterday) has been identified and the forces of the repressive state apparatus have been mobilised. As suspected it was sabotage. Some bellend has taken to distributing staples on the bridleway just next to St Werburgh's Road station - by the bike lockers.
Third from the top, officer
I know this as I've now hoovered up four of the buggers with my bike tyres.
Now, it's not for me to speculate on the motives of whoever is doing it but save to say, it's directed at cyclists. The scandal, which is threatening to eclipse the fact that we no longer know what's in our food, has been termed staplegate - by me, just then.
I don't know why, but I get the feeling its a woman doing it - based on zero evidence. If it was, that'd be even worse somehow, don't you think?
If it was just some gobshite bloke, you'd just think exactly the same of him as you probably would anyway: you're a gobshite and you always will be.
But if it was a lass: a mother, a sister, a daughter it would be so sickening.
Ah well, cup of tea I think.

2 comments:

  1. Not just staples! I picked up four drawing pins a few weeks ago. Even my Schwalbe Marathon bombproof tyres were disabled by this. I agree it does seem intentional but a lot of school kids hang around the tram stop and I have to say they are higher up my suspicion ranking than anon "woman".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tough pal! Somebody out there has a grudge. You're right, 'schoolies' are high on the suspicion list too and it probably is the type of thing they'd do.
    Let's just hope they grow out of it - very soon

    ReplyDelete