Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Monday 9 September 2013

Autumn - getting the difficult cycling clothing choice right

Summer is most certainly leaving us with a bang rather than a whimper this year. 6.45 this morning was bloody cold in Manchester - I was glad to have opted for the warming values of a semi-fleece as I rode to work. 
There was brilliant sunshine though too - low in the sky so I had to shield my eyes. It looked very moody as I rode through the hanging mist with dew dropping off the trees - very picture postcard it was too.



So, while I was congratulating myself at my choice of attire, I was met with a vision of insanity coming toward me. Bloke, mountain bike, trainers (trainees), running shorts circa 1983 and vest. Not a running vest mind, a cotton vest. Pale blue ribbed for extra discomfort.
This unusually clad guy cut a bizarre and red raw figure as he pushed himself along. Unless this chap was mentally infirm, then you do wonder how on earth he managed to make those sartorial decisions. And if he is mentally infirm, then who's looking after him?
Poor sod, I thought as I rode on.
Ride safe

No comments:

Post a Comment