Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Dave Quinn rides again

I'm always astounded with the difference in feel between two, ostensibly very similar, bikes.  Having just had my winter bike rebuilt following fork disasters which I've covered earlier on this blog, my first ride in anger commenced on this morning's commute.
It felt really odd being on a different bike after riding my 'summer' bike for the past few months.
With the new forks expertly put in place by the wonderful Mr Xander at Dead Rats and a few little tweaks for me to do to complete the job, I set out on my first proper ride.
Wow, talk about twitchy! The new forks give the bike a much more aggressive feeling.  I have a feeling I'm going to begin a long process of adjusting handlebar and saddle heights until I get it to where I want it to be.
Ready for winter
It's great being back out on the Dave Quinn machine, it's a lovely bike which is a joy to ride.  There's a few Dave Quinn bikes knocking about and a bit about them online. Dave 'Quinny' Quinn is the bloke who owns The Bike Factory in Chester.  I gather he no longer puts his name on frames - well, it's fallen out of fashion really hasn't it.  Shop's still there though, although I've not been in there for ages.
Ride safe

No comments:

Post a Comment