Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Thursday 27 September 2012

Manchester bike shops v online

If, like me you've ever bought anything from an online retailer, your email inbox will have lit up recently with a blizzard of messages encouraging you kit yourself out for the Autumn / Winter season.
I much prefer going to local independent shops for cycling bits but being in work, getting dragged to visit the in-laws and watching shite football teams which never win anything, tends to limit my opportunities to pay a visit to my favourite shops.
So, more often than not, I find myself shopping online for stuff - clicks and mortar as retail sector wonks annoyingly call it.
There are some pretty good ones out there too: Parker International, Tweeks cycles, Wiggle, Chain Reaction and many others.
These are good operators but the world would be a much more uninteresting place without bike shops.  So, I'm resolving myself to re-double my efforts to support independent retailers and spend my money locally.
Obviously, Ken Foster's will be the natural place to start and I'll try a squeeze in a trip to Harry Hall soon - spread the love and all that.
There are loads of other shops about too - I might do a review of them all actually - as a secret shopper or something.
Ride safe, shop local
The Amber Nectar, in Chorlton 

No comments:

Post a Comment