Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Saturday 1 September 2012

Manchester sportive weekend

It's quite a big weekend in Manchester for the amateur sportive rider and the charity fund raise with two big cycling events going on. The Manchester 100 and the 55 mile Bruntwood Ellipse both take place tomorrow afternoon.

Route of the Manchester 100
I've never done the Ellipse but I've ridden the whole route in sections on different rides.
I've done the Manchester 100 and it's quite forgiving for a 100 miler. It's pretty flat with just a couple of lumps at Norley and Kelsall as I recall.
Still, these things are all relative.
I've got my miles in today for this weekend as I build my strength after recent enforced lay offs.
So, good luck to everyone taking part in both events, hope it goes well for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment