Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Pastel pedallers

The announcement last week that Team Sky is to be kitted out in Rapha togs next season signals another significant moment for cycling in the UK.
Dropping the Adidas kit in favour of Rapha's more style-concious threads will, in my humble view, result in a huge growth of replica cycling jerseys being seen around town.
Looking good? How will Team Sky look next year?
Rapha's gear is always very nice: a bit retro and undoubtedly stylish compared to much cycling kit you see out there. I have to say their colour choices are always a little neopolitan ice cream for me - or dare I say it, a bit effeminate.
The Rapha colour reference chart (possibly)
However, what do I know? I reckon the Sky gear will be superb when its issued and sell by the broom wagon load.  It'll be launched to a colossal fanfare too.
It should be really interesting to see what they come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment