Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Gatorade bidon challenge comes to Manchester

Some people's jobs are a piece of piss aren't they?  Take this bunch from the Gatorade Hit Squad as an example.  As part of a national marketing push, they are taking to the streets of various cities and towns in the UK, riding their bikes about a bit and giving away free stuff including the green Gatorade bidons made famous by Team Sky.
If you already have a Gatorade bottle make sure you have it with you on the relevant date as they will be dishing out 'exclusive Gatorade prizes' to anyone they spot with a Gatorade bidon on board.  The dates will be published at the link above soon.
Fortunately for me, I have such a bidon which was not launched at me by Edvald Bosen Hagen during the climb up the Peyresourde in this year's tour.  You can see that his initials are written on it which is obviously to ensure he gets the right concentration of orange squash.
EBH's bidon which he did not throw at me
Actually, there was a fair bit left in it when it landed which means I can exclusively reveal what the Norwegian power house fuels his rides with.
Resisting the temptation to have a taste, I can report that the contents looked a bit like milk and had the unmistakable aroma of frangipane. So, the evidence is clear, EBH's secret weapon can only be liquidised Bakewell Tarts. 
A surprising finding I'm sure you'll agree.

PS.I'm trying to find out what the words '100% biodegradable' down the side refers too: the bottle, the lid, the rubber bit, its contents, everything? If I find out, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment