Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Thursday 23 August 2012

GPS cycling tracker experiment in Manchester

There are a whole host of smart phone apps and other widgets which track your routes and provide you with a whole host of data relating to your ride.
I've used a few of them over the years and have just decided to give Strava a go.
First impressions are that it's really good: easy to use, has lots of little bits and bobs to keep you interested in using it and, up to now, has worked for the duration of my rides.
Admittedly I've only used it on my daily commute so far, so it remains to be seen how it will respond to a longer ride.
Yes, that's a full 23 meters of climbing
The two main problems I've had in the past with other GPS trackers are: it draining the battery before I've finished the ride and the GPS dropping out leaving you with an incomplete or inaccurate reading.
But, so far so good for Strava.
Apparently I can add the routes to this blog which I'll do in due course - presuming, that is, that I keep on using it.
I'm using the free version at the moment so don't have all the whistles and bells.  That costs $59 per year - love you long time.
Ride safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment