Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Thursday 9 August 2012

Put a lid on it?

Bradley Wiggins put compulsory helmet wearing right back at the centre of the cycling debate recently with comments which he's since distanced himself from.
We all have the choice as to whether to clip into a helmet or not when we set off any many would have it remain that way: a choice made by sentient beings.
For me, I always wear one, unless I forget it and leave it on the kitchen table. The thing with it being on the kitchen table is that if I come off, it's not going to protect my swede.
After not coming off at all for over three years, this morning I clocked my third spill of 2012, the second in six weeks, and this one was the most significant.
After a long Wednesday night club run, my legs were heavy on my commute. Bizarrely the forks on my steel framed hack bike sheered off and sent me sprawling.
The crack to my noggin was cushioned by the helmet which, fortunately wasn't keeping the fruit bowl company.
So, with Sunday's club run now a doubt for me and my scalp glued together in A&E, I now need to find some new threaded forks for an early 1990s road bike - oh, and buy a new helmet!
Ride safe

No comments:

Post a Comment