Welcome

Welcome to this corner of the web. Hope you find it interesting. If you do: come back again, tell your mum or subscribe! If you want to share your thoughts on cycling in the early 21st century, then do it.

Thursday 2 August 2012

New boots

I'm really hoping that I'll be able to take my 'summer' bike out this weekend.
This is the first year when I've had a dedicated summer and a winter hack bike at my disposal.
The summer machine is a stock 2010 Specialzed Allez Sport which I've upgraded with 105 groupset and a few other bits and bobs. It's not the pinnacle of cycling hardware but it's my bike; my trusty steed and we've done thousands of miles together.
I rode it last in the dead of winter on the turbo trainer and, as a consequence, there's a 2mm strip worn through in the back tyre. So, here's the question which faces all cyclists: which tyres should I use?
People get obsessive about tyres: 'only use conties me' or 'I use bonties, they're superb'.
For me, and keeping up with the absurd abbreviation requirement, I favour michies. I did have a spell of using vredestein slicks on a mountain bike years ago, which were superb incidentally, but I generally stick to Michelin Pro Race 3 boots.
I've not ridden on all tyres in all conditions but I do find I trust the grip with these guys.
Shop around for them though as you can practically get a 2 for 1 on some of the prices. I just paid £36 for two which is a cracking buy I reckon.
Ride safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment